cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a duration setting for the in-call UI overlay in CE8?

philekiert
Level 1
Level 1

When you enter a call in CE8 (I'm using an SX20, single screen), you get the overlay with the share, add and hang up buttons at the bottom.

It lasts 5 seconds or so, and because of the new TRC6 remote having fewer buttons, it looks like there isn't one to hide it. So you just have to wait for it to time out and hide itself.

Is there a setting anywhere to reduce the duration?

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Don't think there is an option to adjust the menu timeout. Have you tried hitting the back button (next to microphone mute) on the TRC6 remote when the menu appears? I think that might make it go away. 

Thanks for the response Patrick.

That was my first thought and I was sure I'd tried that, but just went back to make sure. Unfortunately no button on the remote will hide it.

If this is a feature you'd like to see, where the back button can hide the menu without waiting for the timeout, you should contact your Account Manager and open a feature request.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: