Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN Link and pairing auto in IL1.1.3 and TC 7.2

gabriel.caclin
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All !

I am implementing Cisco MX700 running TC7.2.1 register on CUCM 10.5.

I try to pair with this endpoint the ISDN Link with the latest version IL1.1.3.

I follow the documentation, that states Endpoint and ISDN Link must be in the same subnet, which is the case (both device are on the same switch, same vlan, same subnet, no firewall).

But when I try to manage Peripherals in order to discover ISDN Link, nothing, Endpoint is not able to find it.

I double check on the ISDN Link CLI if pairing is in auto mode, which is the case.

I would like to know if something is missing?

Thanks

Gabriel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Please make sure that you have IPv6 enabled on both the endpoint and ISDNLink.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate response and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unless they updated the supported endpoints, according to the data sheet, the MX700 isn't supported.

Thanks Patrick.

According to the MX700/800 documentation, it is stated that ISDN is supported with ISDN Link, so it looks confuse.

I will confirm with my Cisco Representative on this topic, and give the answer here.

Not surprised, two data sheets that contradict each other.  My guess is they didn't update the ISDN data sheet for the newer endpoints.

Ok so based on my SE, it is supported.

So I will go further in my switche configuration to make it works, I probably have a setting on my port that filter this.

Please make sure that you have IPv6 enabled on both the endpoint and ISDNLink.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate response and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne, you spot the issue!

I set the endpoint to Dual (instead of only IPv4), and then the detection occurs.

Cisco must update their documentation, because I din't see this...

Thanks a lot!

Thanks Gabriel,

It's in the documentation, that's how I first found it shortly after they were released and was having a similar issue.

It's mentioned in the "Known Limitations" section (page 27) of the Release Notes and in the "Prerequisites for pairing" (page 10) section in the Administrator Guide.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne