Exec format error.

Unit is paired to a C40 TC7.3.3

Anyone have any suggestions?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check that the file you've downloaded and are trying to send to the ISDN Link is correct and not corrupted.

As per the Download Software page, it should have an MD5 checksum of f924f36e98eed0b6227f45a3f62f9eed

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

The software version on the endpoint should have no effect on the ability to upgrade the ISDNLink. I've successfully upgraded the ISDNLink devices with numerous different endpoint software releases, and have done one running TC7.3.3 recently so can confirm that's not an issue.

If you've having issues upgrading it via the web interface, try doing it from the command line interface with the xCommand SystemUnit SoftwareUpgrade command or via SCP.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check that the file you've downloaded and are trying to send to the ISDN Link is correct and not corrupted.

As per the Download Software page, it should have an MD5 checksum of f924f36e98eed0b6227f45a3f62f9eed

Wayne
--

Wayne
--

Wayne,

Thanks for the reply.  I have used the same file on another ISDN_Link and it uploaded and installed fine.  The only difference between the 2 systems is the successful one had TC7.3.2 software in the C40.

The software version on the endpoint should have no effect on the ability to upgrade the ISDNLink. I've successfully upgraded the ISDNLink devices with numerous different endpoint software releases, and have done one running TC7.3.3 recently so can confirm that's not an issue.

If you've having issues upgrading it via the web interface, try doing it from the command line interface with the xCommand SystemUnit SoftwareUpgrade command or via SCP.

Wayne
--

Wayne
--

Wayne,

I shall try your suggestion and let you know if it was successful.

Shea Sivell
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Upgrade using WinSCP:

-Open WinSCP, under Session, change the file protocol to SCP, change the host name to the name or IP address of the ISDN Link, change the User name to "root", and enter the password you specified when you enabled the root account.

-Click Login on WinSCP.

-Navigate to the folder where you have saved s51500il1_1_5.pkg in the left pane of WinSCP and navigate to the /appl folder in the right pane of WinSCP.  Please note that the left pane of WinSCP shows your local file system, while the right pane shows the ISDN Link's file system.

-Select s51500il1_1_5.pkg and then click Copy at the bottom of the WinSCP window.  This will bring up the WinSCP Copy window containing the ( /appl/*.* ) string.

-Change the "*.*" at the end of the file string to "installsw". ( /appl/installsw )

-Click Copy on the WinSCP Copy window.  This will bring up a confirmation window on WinSCP that asks whether you want to overwrite the file.  Click "YES" , and the WinSCP Copy window will then start showing the status of the file transfer.

-After the file transfer is complete, WinSCP will report an error message.  This is normal, and can be ignored.

-Click "OK" on the error message, and then Exit out of WinSCP.

Shea,

I will try this approach also.  Thanks

In my case, it was due to the disabled root account on the ISDN link.

The update on the codec, as synonymous over SCP did not work with it.
Only after the root account was enabled again the update could be executed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: