cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN phone on Vic2-2Bri-NT/TE card

ANGELO DE MASI
Level 1
Level 1

I installed a Vic2-2Bri-NT/TE on our 2851 with CME, when I attach an ISDN phone directly on Vic2-2Bri port I always get busy tone as soon as I pick up the phone. In the log I read :

ISDN BR0/1/0 Q931: TX -> DISCONNECT pd = 8 callref 0x84

Cause i = 0x829C - Invalid number format (incomplete number)

From other IP phone connected on CME I can call the isdn phone, i can also call the isdn call from outside. More over If if configure connection plar on voice port, when I pick up the isdn phone i can call the number setted as connection plar, even when it is an external number.

But i can't still make a call directly from the isdn phone without connection plar because when i pick up the handset I soon get busy tone.

Please could anyone give me the right advice?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards.

angelo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Try "isdn overlap-receiving" under bri interface.

But more tricks may be needed. It is really better to dial en-block from on-hook.

By the way if you configure "line-power"  maybe the ISDN phone will work without his own PS.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to include the relevant configuration and complete trace.

Hi Paolo, first of all thanks for you reply.

Attached there is my CME config, I just omitted all non relevant configuration. I also attached the trace of picking up the isdn phone and the show isdn status output. I hope this will help.

Regards

angelo

Hi, the phone doesn't send a number when going off-hook He would expect dial-tone instead.

Try composing the number first, then going off-hook or press dial button if it has one.

Hi, if i compose the number first as you suggest, the phone makes the call correctly. How could I have dial-tone as expected when going off-hook? Is it likely an issue of the phone?

Try "isdn overlap-receiving" under bri interface.

But more tricks may be needed. It is really better to dial en-block from on-hook.

By the way if you configure "line-power"  maybe the ISDN phone will work without his own PS.

Hi Paolo,

configuring "isdn overlap-receiving" on bri interfaces it works well, I get dial-tone off-hook and then i can make call as usual from isdn phone. I just figuredthet after last digit it makes too much time to start the call, but this is not a big problem.

Thank you very much for your precious collaboration.

I hope rated tihis post correctly.

Regards

angelo

You can change the timer in overlap-receving.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: