Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN video calls H320 bonding over ISR 2911 with PVDM 3

Good evening people,

I've a quick question about the ISR 2911 G2 routers including PRI (E1) cards. Let me try to explain what I'd like to do:

We have a Cisco Unified CM 8.6 and two Cisco Telepresence C20 codecs registered on this CUCM appliance. Of course, we have ISR 2911 voice routers with VWIC2 and VWIC3 E1 cards. I'd like to perform some video bonding calls over ISDN like the Codian ISDN GW 3241.

Is this possible with the Cisco ISRs?

Any comments, suggestions?

Thank you so much for your help.

Regards :-)

5 Replies 5

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Martin! (nice first name btw!)

I am not aware that you can use the Cisco ISRs, at least with the comparable capabilities. You find some info here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4t/12_4t11/h320gw.html

I tried it some time ago but it did not really work for me and as we have Tandberg and Codian ISDN GWs

there was not much need to spend time besides curiosity. :-)

If you would like to have ISDN calls like the Codian ISDN GW 3241,

Suggestion (and not a joke): buy a Cisco TelePresence ISDN GW 3241.

Martin

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hello Martin,

I had a quick discussion with Cisco last week, they are convinced that ISR 2911 can do video bonding over PSTN.

I need to be sure that a C20 registered to CUCM 8.6 can do video bonding through an ISR 2911. Is there anyone who can confirm that?

Thanks.

Hi Martin,

you found solution to your problem ?

I have same situation ... use Cisco 2900 series router or buy ISDN GW 3241.

Thanks

Anyone have an update or data sheet on this? I need to replace a Tandberg ISDN GW & already have spare ISR G2s.

Can i use a 2900 for ISDN video conferencing with Tandberg infrastructure, or do I need to buy a 3241 GW ?

If you have a C-Series endpoint and you just want to use ISDN locally for specific systems

check out the ISDN Link product.

If you need to make h320 videocalls infrastructure based use the real ISDN GWs, not the ISR.

If you just need phonecalls a ISR router should do ok.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify