Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue on Precision HD 1080p Camera

Hi,

We experienced problem on 1080p camera of the C40 codec wherein the camera produces mechanical sound which is not a normal sound. Actually it vibrates and produces mehanical sound and you cannot even control it while it is vibrating.

We experienced same problem after replacing with new camera. After a month of using it the problem gets back.

What is the possible cause?

Anyone who experienced same problem?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Acevirgil

9 Replies 9

Marius Nedregaard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Acevirgil.

Issues like this usually happens when you move the camera by manual force - this could break the mechanics.

Are you sure that on of your users touch the camera, and try to adjust the pivot manually by force?

If not, of course you could just be unlucky and have received two defective products - it is also a possibility

//Marius

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Acevirgil,

Other than what  Marius mentioned, please confirm if the camera is mounted on a stand with the base screw tighten, if yes can you try it on a table or just loose the screw a bit and see if there is any difference.

Other than that (may relate to the issue)

Moreover please confirm the software version on the codec as well, newer release does have a better handling on camera motor speed.

Regards

Ravi kr,

prtaneja
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Acevirgil,

First i would like to know which camera are you using, is it a 4X camera or a 12X camera?

If it is a 4X camera, can you confirm if it is Mounted?

A mounting bracket looks like the image below. When using the kit to mount the camera atop of the monitor, if the screw is too tight, it will cause this grinding noise. make sure you loose the screw little bit and check if you still get the noise. You can also place the camera on the Desk and then check.

If the screw would be tight the camera wont be able to Pan or Tilt as well.

Hope this resolves the query.

Regards,

Prateek    

Prateek,

THANK YOU for this explanation.  I had the same issue and fixed it by loosening the screw a little.

Luke

Hi Luke,

Sounds Great.

malcomda1
Level 1
Level 1

This is caused by over-tightening the mounting bolt when installing the camera. Sounds too simple to be true but we dealt with this many times, once we realized this was the issue, we only finger tighten the bolt that attaches the camera to the mount and the problem does happen.

Sticking a large washer between the mount and the camera can also help stop the camera from bending that little amount when the screw is overtightened.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I am having the same issue. I unmounted it completely and put on a table still having the same issue. Changed out the cable but still having the issue.

Kristi

@kristi.mason wrote:

I am having the same issue. I unmounted it completely and put on a table still having the same issue. Changed out the cable but still having the issue.

Kristi

If it’s making grinding noises while it’s on the table then it sounds like the internals have worn or been damaged.  Your best option would be to contact the TAC and organise an RMA.  
if you don’t have a service contract then your next best option to to try to find a replacement on the 2nd hand market or to use a different model camera.  

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: