Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues with SIP when registered to VCSE

hgraniteworks
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

VCSE and VCSC are both on X5.2. When a movi client is registered to the VCSE and we try to dial into the MPS800 which is registered to the vcsc the particpants recieve no video or audio. However when the same call is made using H323 the call fucntions fine. Is there any way to force the vcse to do a h323 through the firewall into the expressway.

thanks

33 Replies 33

As mention in MPS admin guide, personal conference SIP URL must be unique SIP URI for the conference could be entered.  You must be able to configure the SIP proxy to forward certain SIP URI to the MPS.

With VCS, you need to create neighbor zone (just enable SIP either with TLS or TCP match with MPS SIP configuration) pointing to MPS.

And create search rule target zone to this MPS neighbor zone.

If your personal conference SIP URL string is something like 98xxx@domain.com then, you may create search rule like below.

Method 1:

Mode: Alias pattern match

Pattern type: Regex

Pattern string: 98.*@domain.com

Pattern behavior: Leave

Target: MPS-SIP-Neighbor (this is SIP neighbor zone created and point to MPS)

Method 2:

Pattern type: Prefix

Pattern string: 98

I have tried the above and i can get the mps nieghbour zone to be active on the vcsc following your steps but for it to stay active i need to point the mps at itself on sip (system configuration>sip>address>127.0.0.1)

Static conferecnes no longer register either

No, you must configure VCS-C address as SIP server address on MPS.

Otherwise static conference with SIP and single dial in number with SIP will not register on VCS-C.

For VCS to send call to MPS when receive personal conference URL from other, you need to configure as blow (just repeat what I mention earlier).

====================================================================================

[MPS]

- SIP Server: VCS-C IP address

- Default transport protocol: TCP (you may use TLS if you want)

- Configure personal conference URL (with specific format so may easily configure search rule on VCS forwarding it to MPS not overlap with other Endpoint/SIP UA alias).

[VCS]

- Neighbor zone

Type: Neighbor

H323 Mode: Off

SIP: Mode: on

SIP Port: 5060 (assume MPS transport protocol configured as TCP)

SIP Transport: TCP (assume MPS transport protocol configured as TCP)

Location Peer 1 address: MPS SC IP address

Zone profile: Default

- Search rule

Pattern type: Regex

Pattern string: 98.*@domain.com (assume personal conference alias is 98xxxxx@domain.com)

====================================================================================

With above configuration, VCS-C forward any SIP call with URL 98xxxx@domain.com forward to MPS.

I'd recommend you first make a test call within VCS-C (not call from VCS-E) to verify call establishment.

Thanks mate this has resolved the issue, we can know call into the personal conferences using sip. Brilliant mate your a star.

Great, thanks for sharing the outcome and nice to hear now solution is working in your environment!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: