Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues with VCS Traversal zone - SIP

I'm having an issue where I can't get one of my VCS controls to get SIP working on a traversal zone.

SIP on neighbour zones work fine, H323 on both traversal and neighbour zones are fine.  The VCS-C and VCS-E are on the same switch - no firewall in between so it's not like any ports are being blocked.  I can get SIP working from a different VCS-C to the same VCS-E and it works fine.

No matter what I try, I can always get the traversal zone to come up with H323 but not with SIP - when I look at the zone on VCS-C it says: SIP Failed to connecto to [VCS-E IP address]:[Port]: No response from system.

The network log on VCS-C indicates that the VCS-E is sending back SIP messages (Recieve Response Code=401....)

Any ideas?

21 Replies 21

I just had the above where SIP was active but H.323 was failing - reason being authentication.

Don't know if this will help anyone, but the reason was actually because the VCSc (Client) wasn't time synchronised (ntp server on client failed).

Added a new NTP server and it came up straight away :).

Suspecting authentication process involves time stamps etc?

Correct, H.323 traversal link the credential information crypt by using time information, but not for SIP traversal link.

This is reason why you see such different behavior for H.323 and SIP traversal link connection.

I managed to get the SIP traversal zone up.

The VCS-C and VCS-E also had a neighbour zone in addition to the traversal zone.  I deleted the neighbour zone then SIP on the traversal zone came straight up.  I then recreated the neighbour zone and both zones stayed up with both SIP and H323....

I restarted my VCS-E to make sure both zones would come back up and they did.

Weird, but it's working

Unfortunately this has been causing more issues.  While I was able to get the traversal zone working as per above, the neighbour zone between the VCS-C and VCS-E now doesn't work.  Both SIP and H323 show as "active", but whenever I send a call via the neighbour zone it says "out of call resources".  If I then disable or delete the traversal zone, the neighbour zone starts working fine.

Is there any reason I can't have both a neighbour and traversal zone between the same set of VCS-C and VCS-E?

Hi Nick,

have you solved the problem?

No - I've implemented a workaround so that I can still make calls work, but I still can't get a SIP traversal and SIP neighbour zone to work at the same time.

Hi Nick,

we would like to know why you have such a wierd requirement to configure the VCS-Exp both as traversal and neighbor?

i am trying to understand the scneario here?

Thnx

Alok

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: