cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IX5000 and confernce calls use hollywood squares

miket
Level 5
Level 5

I have a IX5000, SX80 and EX90. I am running be6K with cucm, unity connection telepresence server and conductor. All latest level of codes and when I create a conference call , SX80 calls IX5000 then SX80 conferences EX90. The main screen on the IX5000 o center screen one of the other endpoints comes in on center screen in a filmstrip type at bottom of the screen.

The problem is it looks bad with left and right screens are black. Is there anyway to make all the screens active or at least put the two end points on two screens, The content can fill the third screen. In this case all screens would be in use.

Or if I don't use content , conference a fourth endpoint in and they would use all three screens. I can set the segement switching parameter in the conductor to NO but not 100% sure if that would do it.

Any ideas

3 Replies 3

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have never tried a IX5000. How does it behave if you use the TPS via Conductor.

did you check in the guides what kind of configuration it, cucm, tps and conductor might require and how call setups should be done?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

James Hodgson
Level 1
Level 1

It sounds like the IX5000 is connecting as a single screen endpoint only?

Is the conference template you are using for ad-hoc call escalation via Conductor configured to allow multiscreen endpoints? 

Please note that if you are using a template that allows for multiple screens then you need to configure your IX5000 with a quality setting that includes multi-channel audio. This can be done either at the conference template level, or with a pre-configured endpoint.

Edit:

Having re-read the question, it sounds like you are having problems getting participants to show up as full screen without at least 3 other endpoints in the conference. In this case the segment switching parameter in Conductor should not be having an effect. Could you provide a photo of the problem you are having to better guide an answer?

I have checked the multi-channel audio was ok. I am using 720p30fps hd I am running Telepresence server in VMWare so from what I have found out limits me to 5 or 4 screen licenses depending on the code level.

I am calling the IX-5000 from a SX80 (two screens) , then I conference a ex90 in.  I need to verify the segment switching parameter. I was at Cisco San Jose last week so I need to go onsite and re check everything. I was told by my peer that the can set up a call at a lower rate then after the call is established they go to a higher resolution, then add the third endpoint. The problem is the higher codec sticks so the next call fails. I am not sure about that all I am sure of any  of what I am being told. before I left the only screen active on a conference call was the middle screen the other two screens were black.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: