cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IX5000 main display issue

Texas Hare
Level 1
Level 1

I have a critical issue of using the IX 5000 system.

symptoms are below :

1. At first, it seems main display has displayed nothing of all. but i could control very well at touch10.

1. So i had take a power off process (cold reset) on left side PDU only. as result, right side display (display 3) works properly.

1. when right side display works propery, others (display 1,2) are no displayed anything. but i tried to close look to display surface. then i could identify receiving display data from codec through HDMI cable properly. it look like just turned off the LED backlight in the display or brightness settings are set to low temporary. i could read boot messages when boot up the codec successfully. but very very dark.

1. I had take a power off process again. but i tried on both side PDU simultaneously in this time.

1. As a result, IX5000 system works properly. display 1,2,3 and presentation display, touch10 is all green.

What i want to know, why this symptoms are occured suddenly? and how can i resolve this issue when occured again?

Thanks / regards

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

If the system is under support, I would suggest to download the "System Logs" via the Web Interface of the Device and Open a TAC case to identify the exact cause of the problem you mentioned.

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

View solution in original post

Anurag Srivastava
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

There were many issues with IX regarding black display.
Here, you have not mentioned the IX software version so first thing that I would advise that you should upgrade to latest IX9 which has latest software image for IX displays.

Second IX is not a hot swappable device so if you are rebooting any particular unit or reseating the cables while the system is up, it can cause the problems.

So for IX it is always recommended to turn off the complete unit and then reseat the cables and then power it on.

Also please make sure your Host CPU and Encoder box power up at same time. If it is not then system could have several issues.

As a recommendation I would suggest to do the following to make sure you did not face similar issues-
1- Upgrade the unit to latest software
2- Power off the complete unit.
3- Reseat the all display cables and also DP2 and DP3 cables (both ends will be on Host CPU itself)
4- If you have only one presentation display make sure it is connected to H5 port only.
5- Make sure all the display cables are HDMI-DVI (DVI at display end).
6- Power on the unit and perform the first time setup properly.

Thanks.

Please rate if it is helpful...

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

If the system is under support, I would suggest to download the "System Logs" via the Web Interface of the Device and Open a TAC case to identify the exact cause of the problem you mentioned.

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Anurag Srivastava
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

There were many issues with IX regarding black display.
Here, you have not mentioned the IX software version so first thing that I would advise that you should upgrade to latest IX9 which has latest software image for IX displays.

Second IX is not a hot swappable device so if you are rebooting any particular unit or reseating the cables while the system is up, it can cause the problems.

So for IX it is always recommended to turn off the complete unit and then reseat the cables and then power it on.

Also please make sure your Host CPU and Encoder box power up at same time. If it is not then system could have several issues.

As a recommendation I would suggest to do the following to make sure you did not face similar issues-
1- Upgrade the unit to latest software
2- Power off the complete unit.
3- Reseat the all display cables and also DP2 and DP3 cables (both ends will be on Host CPU itself)
4- If you have only one presentation display make sure it is connected to H5 port only.
5- Make sure all the display cables are HDMI-DVI (DVI at display end).
6- Power on the unit and perform the first time setup properly.

Thanks.

Please rate if it is helpful...