Replies

Jabber and MCU deployment

Hi all

I would need your advise for Jabber and MCU deploment

My customer would like to deploy

SX20 - 7 unit

MCU - 15 port

Cisco Jabber - 10 person

Since SX20 is just normal endpoint, it should be no problem.

For MCU, i believe MCU 4510 should meet the requirement..

My question is what equipment do i need to deploy Jabber

Is there any other way than deploying BE6k

Best Regards

Syahrir

4 Replies 4

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It'd depend on what you / your client mean by "Jabber"... are you referring to the complete Jabber product, or just the Cisco Jabber Video for Telepresence (formerly Movi)?

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne

It is for Jabber complete product.

And lets say if i use BE6k, what would be required. i know that i have to order the following

1. BE6K-ST-BDL-K9=

2. R-BE6K-K9 : Electronic SW Delivery-Top Level

For R-BE6K-K9, i cant seem to find the CUWL Professional as per mentioned in following link pg 2.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6882/ps9156/product_solution_overview0900aecd806cc7a4.pdf

is R-BE6K-K9 the correct part number for deployment of both Jabber and TelePresence system??

What would be you suggestion ?

Best Regards

Syahrir

If it was just the TelePresence bit, I'd had a chance of answering your question/  For the full Jabber / UC experience, my company hasn't gone down that path yet.  We haven't yet deployed anything on the 6k hardware yet either, so I can't help much with those part numbers.

You may be interested in having a read of this document on the forums: Deploying a 200+ user pilot of Jabber in one day!.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Though not the ideal solution you can use Jabber Video the free service hosted by Cisco to dial into H.323 and SIP systems from PC/Mac. See the following link: https://www.ciscojabbervideo.com/home It works well if you have got sufficient bandwidth. Problem is you won't have much control since everything is managed on the Cisco cloud ie not managed from your onsite servers.

Yes R-CBE6K-K9 is the top level part number which you can use to configure BE6K. Use the following ordering guide:

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/partner/WWChannels/technology/ipc/downloads/be_6000.pdf

However, the process is much more simple if you are using the Quick Pricing Tool. Maybe you might want to try it out. Download it from software centre on Cisco.com. 

Please rate useful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: