Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber call flow and registration flow

Hellu all,

i am new to this technulogy. i am from windows side.

we have a scenario where we have been asked to deploy jabber in a network where customer have VCS CTRL

and VCS Expressway.

They said that they want Jabber to be used by users in inside network.

and also by users logging in at home.

going through document guides and google/forums ive understood that  users who will be

loggin in from home will be registered to VCS expressay .

please help me understand how will the internal users login and register on jabber.

will they also register on expressway.?

what will be the call flow?

TMS: 13.2.1

VCS 7.2

i thank you for reading

Dorte ..

5 Replies 5

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Do you mean JabberVideo (aka Movi) or Jabber the UC client?

Two different products with different requirements - even though they are supposed to merge some time in the future, so it's a bit hard providing some relevant information without knowing exactly which client you mean.

If you are indeed referring to JabberVideo, then you should read the "VCS Authenticating Devices Deployment Guide" - if you haven't already done so. Actually, it's worth reading even if you are not referring to JabberVideo.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Authenticating_Devices_Deployment_Guide_X7-2.pdf

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Hellu Jens,

We hav Jabber for telepresence.

I wanted to understand the Call flow: i will install the jabber templete on VCS expressway or on

VCS control.

We have home workers. thye work from home and will lugin on Jabber from home.

those Jabber will register on VCS expressway.

Internal users will login from office and those jabber will register on VCS control? is that correct.(please correct me if i wrong)

i thank you for reading.

Dorte ..

Hi,

The call flow is in the appendices of the link Jens provided. you can register your clients on VCSC or VCSE regardless whether they are coming internet or not. It depends on how you configure your VCSC and VCSE to work together. Template sits on TMS and you don't install them neither on VCSC nor on VCSE. These servers downloads them on replication task from TMS. You need to study a bit the posted document to familiar with the issue.

regards, Ahmad

Another thing you need to consider is the provisioning type to be used; Legacy Agent or TMSPE.

TMSPE is highly recommended, but you need to look at the deployment guide for this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tmspe/install_guide/Cisco_TMSPE_Deployment_Guide_1-0.pdf

As Ahmad said, the provisioning templates resides on TMS, however, you need to upload the provisioning schemas to TMS and then create template(s) from these.

In TMS go to System--->Provisioning--->Users and you should see, in the bottom, left hand corner, a link which says Configuration Templates. Click on that, then select Add Schema. This is where you upload the schema - and also where you create templates from the different schemas.

As far as registration goes, local users should register to the VCS-C, which also needs to have the provisioning option key installed, and external users should register to the VCS-E. (Provisioning option key should not be installed on the VCS-E unless you are in an environment where this is specifically required)

You can also proxy the external registrations to the VCS-C, but this is more the exception rather than the rule, however, the external users can of course also register with the VCS-C if they establish a VPN connection prior to logging in,

You also need to consider how you want your users to authenticate, i.e. whether you want them to authenticate towards a local database or against AD. Again, see the "Authenticating Devices" deployment guide.

/jens

Hi Dorte,

This particular chapter from the JabberVideo 4.6 Admin Guide, explaining the template provisioning options might come in handy as well.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/Jabber_Video/4_6/CJAB_BK_C89F6C9E_00_cisco-jabber-video-for-telepresence_chapter_0100.html

/jens