Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

My system has:

• TMS
  • Conductor
  • Telepresense Server
  • CUCM

My TMS can schedule a conference, and then dial out to jabber client but jabber client cannot dial in the room.

On TMS, I configured ID Room: 898X.

On CUCM, I configured SIP trunk to Conductor and route pattern 898X to conductor.

Are there anyone knowing why?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What version of TMS are you running?

In TMS 14.6 they introduced an option with Conductor: "Limit Ports to Number of Scheduled Participants".  It's under the extended settings of Conductor within TMS, make sure it's unchecked, or as Michel has mentioned, add a dial in participant to the conference when scheduling.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Michel Tosu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

What are the Conductor logs telling? The logs will show if there is a call arriving on the conductor but cannot be connected to a conference and a reason for this.

If the call is not arriving at the Conductor you might want to check that the Jabber client has a calling search space containing the route pattern that points to the Conductor trunk.

Hi Tosu.

On my conductor, I receive log:

Disconnect reason details: B2BUA rejected call on the Ingress with 486 Busy Here (Policy lookup response)

Do you know why?

It feels like the conference is full, that the incoming call doesn't match the conference ID or something like that. I haven't set up my Conductor with B2BUA yet and i haven't seen that error message so i might be wrong but i think those ( probably amongst more) are possible reasons for that error message.

Are you able to dial in to Ad-hoc conferences that aren't scheduled by the TMS?

Can you post all the entrys in the event logg that is associated with that call ID (you can filter them out by pressing the Call ID for that entry)? I think there should be some more output than that.

I can dial in normally to rendezvous conferences.

This is log when I dial in to scheduled conferences.

2015-06-29T17:24:46+07:00

conferencefactory.controller: Level="WARNING" Event="Incoming call request rejected." Conference_name="8980.test.vn" Destination-alias="8980@172.28.82.48" Detail="max participants reached" Conference_unique_identifier="7c9efe65bfe605b1c6252bd2174766322bada685" Reason="could not allocate additional port" Requester_(VCS/Unified_CM/client)_address="172.28.82.41" Source_protocol="SIP" Unauthenticated_source_aliases="[4656@test.vn]" UTCTime="2015-06-29 10:24:46,432"

conferencefactory.controller: Level="INFO" Event="Cannot allocate conference bridge resource." Conference_alias_description="TMS Scheduled meeting" Conference_alias_name="TMS Scheduled meeting" Incoming_alias_match="(898[^@]*).*" Conference_name_rule="\1.test.vn" Conference_alias_UUID="2ebec56e-ddbb-48fa-b550-3ead194ddb0d" Destination-alias="8980@172.28.82.48" Detail="max participants reached" Conference_unique_identifier="7c9efe65bfe605b1c6252bd2174766322bada685" Participant_role="participant" Participant_type="Incoming ad-hoc" Requester_(VCS/Unified_CM/client)_address="172.28.82.41" Source_protocol="SIP" Unauthenticated_source_aliases="[4656@test.vn]" UTCTime="2015-06-29 10:24:46,380"

conferencefactory.controller: Level="INFO" Event="A request has been received from a client for a participant to create or join a conference." Destination-alias="8980@172.28.82.48" Request_unique_identifier="10895ae8-1e49-11e5-8910-23398e5c9b00" Requester_(VCS/Unified_CM/client)_address="172.28.82.41" Source_protocol="SIP" Unauthenticated_source_aliases="[4656@test.vn]" UTCTime="2015-06-29 10:24:46,359"

I'm sure my resource is enough to allocate more port but I don't know why there is log "could not allocate additional port"

Okay so that's the problem.

Have you added a dial in participant in the TMS Scheduled meeting?
Have you checked your conference template in the Conductor for any limitations?

I don't add any limitations on conductor.

What version of TMS are you running?

In TMS 14.6 they introduced an option with Conductor: "Limit Ports to Number of Scheduled Participants".  It's under the extended settings of Conductor within TMS, make sure it's unchecked, or as Michel has mentioned, add a dial in participant to the conference when scheduling.

Exactly! After unchecking "Limit Ports to Number of Scheduled Participants", I can dial in from Jabber client.

Thanks.

Hello All,

I ran into this same issue using TMS 14.6.2 and Conductor X3.0.3.  The setting "Limit Ports to Number of Scheduled Participants" is most inconvenient and annoying for our environment.   This appears to be the default setting.  I have looked but I do not see a parameter or template to make this setting default to "off".   Anyone have any ideas how to make the default "off" ?

Hi,

I found the setting, it is extended settings on the Conductor device in TMS.  I set it to off by default.

Karl

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: