cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber free on Tandberg Profile 42 C20

Michael Murray
Level 2
Level 2

I have registered for a Jabber free account and have my Movi client working well. I am trying to configure my Tandberg Profile 42 C20 to connect to the account but am having problems. My SIP Profile is configured as follows:

Default Transport: Auto

DisplayName: SIP Profile 1

Outbound: On

TlsVerify: Off

Type: Cisco

URI: proxy.global.jabber.com

Authentication 1

username: %username%@jabber.com

password: ***

Proxy 1

- left blank

I am getting a "Failed" message for SIP when I look at the Diagnostics > System Configuration page. Do I need to fill out the proxy section? I could find directions on how to set up my software client but not for a Tandberg codec device.

Thanks,

-mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I don't think it would be possible, since the free Jabber Video service is meant to provision Jabber Video only, and not meant for anything else.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Type: Cisco is used when registering the system with a CUCM

URI is the SIP URI of the system, i.e. tom@mycompany.com which it will use to register with your SIP registrar.

You need to specify the address of your SIP registrar in the proxy1 settings.

See the admin guide.

I don't see how you can register the system with the "free" JabberVideo service though, if this is what you're trying to do, as it won't be able to be provisioned.

You can certainly call from one to the other using URI with the C20 registered to a SIP registrar, ie. VCS, and if you have appropriate SRV records in place.

If not, then your "free" JabberVideo client can call the C20 using jabbervideo@Public_IP_address_of_C20

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Jens,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I am attempting to register the C20 with the JabberVideo service. I have opened a ticket with TAC this morning to ask if it is even possible.

Thanks,

-mike

I don't think it would be possible, since the free Jabber Video service is meant to provision Jabber Video only, and not meant for anything else.

I fully aggree with Patrick.

The question should be more, why should it even support endpoint registrations.

If I remember it right its called "Cisco (free) Jabber Video for TelePresence", do not read anything about endpoints here :-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: