Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Guest - Required licenses

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi folks,

We are about to deploy a new project which will include the new Cisco Jabber Guest solution. We are following the documentation provided my Cisco on this link, however, there is something about the licenses requirements for Jabber Guest that is not very clear for us.

According to the doc Cisco Jabber Guest Server 10.5 Installation and Configuration Guide, we need RMS (Rich Media Session) licenses on Expressway servers in order to allow the Jabber guest client to establish the call. And we can buy Expressway's licenses using the global partnumber CUWL-STD-K9.

When we attempt to buy the license for Expressway series in CCW using the partnumber CUWL-STD-K9, within this global item we have the partnumber JABBER-GUEST (Description Jabber Guest Session). So my question is, what is that partnumber JABBER-GUEST used for? Can it be used in replace for the RMS license?

Thanks in advance,

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".
17 Replies 17

Hi Paulo,

thanks for the great post but still i don't understand why i order for example 100 jabber guest sessions? and should i order 100 RMS on expressway to make 100 jabber call simultaneously 

Thanks

Hi,

Does the Jabber Guest Server need option key? Activation key? license for activation?

Regards,

I think Jabber Guest if free as long as you have CUCM, but I don't know the ordering process or what exactly is the part number to be ordered.  Your Account Manager should be able to help and get you a quote for it.  You will need RMS licenses on your Expressway to make calls though.