Helpful
Replies

Jabber (iPad) or Movi couldn't see Users retrieved from AD

Driss BENATTOU
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I haver TMS v13.1.2.

I havé added two phone book sources (manually + Active directory)

The manual list is searchable from Jabber or Movi but Active directory source is ont accessible from iPad nor Movi.

Note : when i click on vies contacts tab on phone book source (AD), i saw all contacts but i couldn't see them from client.

Regards

Driss

5 Replies 5

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Even if you see the contacts in the source you need to add the source to a phonebook. Can you still see the contacts in the phonebook? If you can see the contacts in the phonebook, you have to expand the contacts and see if they have a contact method. If they do not have an address, there is your answer on why you do not see the contacts in the jabber when searching.

Make sure you have provided access to the jabber clients in the access control tab.

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi,

Thank y for your answer. I checked Again but the access is provided to Jabber client. Please refer to attachements.

Regards

Driss

Hi

Thanks but this did not answer all of my questions.

What kind of contact method is attached to the contacts you see? Can you expand them, if they are blank then it won't show up in the phonebook.

But another thing is also that the users you are logging in with are part of the test2 group. The test2 group has to have the correct phonebok settings in the provisioning configuration. But I assume they are correct since the same user can see the manual list?

/Magnus

Hi,

i didn't find something called 'contact method' (refer to attachment). Please, let me know from where i can find it.

For the other question, i confirm that Provisionning directory group  is associated to phone book for manual list and it's working but for test2 source it didn't work.

Regards

Driss

Hi,

Any update regarding this issue ?

Driss

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App