cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber/Movi only registers to master VCS control

Rudy Lallemand
Level 1
Level 1

We clustered 2 VCSC.  We are using round robin to register enpoints without issue.  On the other end Jabber clients always register to the master o matter what.  I've even pointed the client to the peer IP, but alway gets redirected to the master.  Can anyone tell me if this is normal behavior?

thanks

5 Replies 5

gubadman
Level 3
Level 3

What do you have in the provisioning data for Movi?

I guess you are using a template for Movi in TMS and in the configuration, SIP Server address is only set to your master VCS rather than an SRV record pointing to both.

Thanks,
Guy

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

I totally forgot about the template.  thanks

Athough the template needed to be modifed, the behavior is still the same.  No matter what I do, I can only register to the master

When forcing Movi to the peer I get this error "Login failed due to registration failure".

The cluster seems to be replicating. 

Maybe your firewall rules are blocking something, either regards SIP, clustering or provisioning replication.

You should also not use RR as this is more or less not predicable what will happen.

Please add SRV records.

Please alsways mention the used software versions and the kind of deployment.

Check that there are no errors shown in the VCS cluster nor on the provisioning repliation.

Also check your logfiles.

A trace session on the VCS, JabberVideo (debug as well as a network trace on both) might tell you more.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify