Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Phonebook

Hi,

We deployed jabber and working fine. I just want to ask if on the jabber phonebook, is it possible that you should only see the jabber addresses on the "user.movi@video.domain.com" format?

Because when a jabber client searches contact on the phonebook, two (2) addresses are seen in which "user.@video.domain.com" and "user.movi@video.domain.com".

In our case we will not use FindMe feature.

On the TMSPE configuration under user settings these were configured:

Video address pattern: {username}@video.domain.com

Device address pattern: {username}.{device.model}@video.domain.com

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Acevirgil

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Acevirgil,

If you do not have FindMe, you should have both Video address and Device address the same.

In your case it can be {username}@video.domain.com OR {username}.movi@video.domain.com, since it is not possible to setup Video address as {username}.{device.model}@video.domain.com.

Best Regards,

Artem Borodai

View solution in original post

you can also have a search rule or cpl forking each call to

.movi

.jabbertablet

.ex90

If you have multiple registrations with the same AOR it can have some side effects, like

one is registered via the VCS-E and the other on the VCS-C, depending on your search

rules only one might ring.

Btw, if you do not have any integration and you need to share the aliases anyhow, why

even suffix it with .movi, I would simply go with username@domain or better with the email

address of the user, like firstname.lastname@domain

Acevirgil: Findme is quite handy, so that might be worth considering anyhow.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

If you are not going to use FindMe, go ahead and configure Video and Device address pattern as being the same, {username}.{device.model}@video.domain.com. So you will have only one phonebook line.

I don't suggest you to completly remove Video address pattern, because this address is used when you schedule a conference and select provisioining users as participants.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Hi Paulo,

The issue when i configured TMSPE user templates with:

Video address pattern: {username}@video.domain.com

On the Jabber phonebook, i can see 2 lines for a contact details.

username@video.domain.com

username.movi@video.domain.com

In which on the first line "username@video.domain.com"  the presence status is "Offline" in which it's not an address that can be dialed  for Jabber and endpoints since FindMe is not enabled.

If i will configure these way:

Video address pattern: {username}.{device.model}@video.domain.com

I will get an error saying that the video address pattern is not valid.

Is there a way that the "username@video.domain.com" will not be displayed on the jabber's phonebook and just the "username.movi@video.domain.com" only????

Thank you.

Acevirgil

I have told you already how to fix that, go ahead and configure Video and Device address pattern as being the same,

Video address pattern: {username}.movi@video.domain.com (edited)

Device address pattern: {username}.movi@video.domain.com (edited)

So you will have only one phonebook entry and athe correct presence information.

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

You can also configure the provisioning phonebook source to not import the device address.  On the source, click Advanced Settings, and uncheck "Import Provisioned Devices".

Hi Acevirgil,

If you do not have FindMe, you should have both Video address and Device address the same.

In your case it can be {username}@video.domain.com OR {username}.movi@video.domain.com, since it is not possible to setup Video address as {username}.{device.model}@video.domain.com.

Best Regards,

Artem Borodai

you can also have a search rule or cpl forking each call to

.movi

.jabbertablet

.ex90

If you have multiple registrations with the same AOR it can have some side effects, like

one is registered via the VCS-E and the other on the VCS-C, depending on your search

rules only one might ring.

Btw, if you do not have any integration and you need to share the aliases anyhow, why

even suffix it with .movi, I would simply go with username@domain or better with the email

address of the user, like firstname.lastname@domain

Acevirgil: Findme is quite handy, so that might be worth considering anyhow.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Artem,

Thank you for help.

I'm also considering a Jabber Ipad tablet device.

In this case, {username}.movi@video.domain.com is a problem when configuring it on the device address pattern???

Br,

Acevirgil

Hi,

If you don't have duplicated usernames and your search rules is properly configured to route (.*)\.movi@video.domain.com, so it is not a problem. You can have Ipad Jabber clients using the URI with ".movi". But your address pattern should be the following, as suggested before:

Video address pattern: {username}.movi@video.domain.com

Device address pattern: {username}.movi@video.domain.com

The suffix ".movi" or "{device.model}" is not a required option, it is normally used to help you to create your search rules in VCS for Jabber easier.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Btw, sorry for my confusion in my first post, I totally forgot you cannot use {device.model} in the Video Address Pattern, so you should use ".movi" instead of "{device.model}", just like Artem suggested correctly.

I edited my post just to avoid another users to misunderstand how it works. =)

Paulo Souza

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: