Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Presence indicator no longer present

Luke Sykes
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon.

I was hoping someone could give me some advice on an issue one of my clients has come accross.

They have a VCS contol and expressway on version x7.2 and their TMS is on version 14.3.

They upgraded to 8.2 last Friday which unfortunately caused some issues so they downgraded back to 7.2 but after doing so they are now unable to see presence on their Jabber Clients.

I have done a webex with the customer and compared their settings to ours and cant see what the issue is.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Luke

1 Reply 1

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Luke,

some checks

- subzones where endpoint registers should be "treat as authenticated" or "check credentials"

- presence server and presence UA is truned ON

- presence uri is configured properly under TMS in provisioning config template.

- check if any transform or search rule unknowingly blocking the subscribe message to reach presence server.

if this doesn't help then i will suggest you to start the logs on VCS server and then register two endpoints and see what happens when the endpoints subscribe for presence.

Regards

Alok

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: