Helpful
Replies

Jabber Telepresence questions

Dany Daoud
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I hope I can get answers to the following :

I was wondering if you know how to lookup users in the phone books by first and last names vers username in Telepresence Jabber?

Can Jabber Client record video calls?

thanks,

Dany

1 Reply 1

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Dany -

Are you referencing the free Jabber Video service by Cisco, or enterprise version (aka Movi) by you using TMS/VCS?

Dany Daoud wrote:

I was wondering if you know how to lookup users in the phone books by first and last names vers username in Telepresence Jabber?

If using the enterprise version you can by doing the following:

• Provisionined the phonebook to the users in the Jabber Video template within TMSPE
  • Created a phone book source in TMS using the provisioning directory, and creating a phone book based on this source.
  • Granted access to the group within TMSPE that you'd like to have access to the phone book in question.

If you're using the free Jabber Video service by Cisco, this is not possible.  You're limited to what Cisco provides as a free service which does not include this and other things you'd get if you were hosting it yourself, such as presense, etc.

Dany Daoud wrote:

Can Jabber Client record video calls?

Yes, if you have access to a TelePresence Content Server and conference bridge such as an MCU or TPS.  All participants would have to be connected into a conference bridge for the TCS to capture and record the video from all participants.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: