cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Video Client - Login failed – Wrong username, domain, and / or password

FinningCL
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed the client Cisco Jabber Video and it's working fine inside the LAN, but when I try to connect from the Internet fail. I opened the ports 5060 - 5061 - 50000 to 52399. From the Internet I have access to console of the VCS and I checked on the logs of the device and doesn't exists logs of my access. Anybody knows what is happening?

6 Replies 6

aborodai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Hugo,

I cannot tell you for sure without diagnostic logs and clear understanding of your infrastructure.

As far as I understand you have 1 VCS control and you are trying to connect to this VCS, If it is true I suspect that in TMS in Provisioning - Jabber template  you have SIP Address set as internal IP and this IP is not reachable from internet.

Best Regards,

Artem Borodai

Hi Artem,

Do you know where I have to change this parameter because I have defined a SIP domain with a name, but I don't know how I have to change that. I am not using the TMS because I can do change inside the console VCS

I think moving one step back is important here.

Hugo, please describe the kind of deployment, like what kind of hardware is used (vcs-c / -e or -e-starterpack),

which software versions, which deployment models and so on.

There are a couple of threds here discussing standard deployments of VCS-C/E and Jabber Video

I would like you to search for them and read them.

Please also follow the deployment guides and check up on the admin guide. They will provide

you with a lot of information.

It can be a lot, dns issues, firewalls, incomplete / false configuration,...

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Martin,

Thanks for your answer. I have a Cisco Telepresence Video Communication Server Starter Pack Express. Software version x7.2. I used the deployment guide Cisco VCS Starter Pack Express Cisco VCS X7.2.1 and I am using the Cisco VCS Administrator Guide X7-2.

Thanks in advance

How is your deployment, as you write inside, so you use the system with one single interface on a public ip,

do you use two interfaces, is any kind of NAT involved?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

I am using a NAT.