cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Video for TelePresence: Precision Camera out of focus

Daniel Hoffman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Recently, I noticed that my Jabber Video client (on my MacBook Pro) equipped with the Precision HD camera appears to lose the ability to focus on the subject. At least that is what it appears in self-view. This begins to occur during a call that lasts beyond several minutes, and it continues after the call ends. When I stop self-view and start it again, the image restores to complete clarity. Does anybody have any suggestions for troubleshooting this issue?

1 Reply 1

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would check if the light conditions are ok, no bright back light, proper light from the front,

that the objects (face) is in the middle of the image and that you have the latest firmware version.

Besides that, un and repluging it might help as well to try it at a different location to see if the

light / background / ... was the cause for the trouble.

If you have an other cam it might be interesting to try that one to see if they behave different.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: