cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber video(Internet)->VCSE->VCSC->CUCM->Jabber for windows

startryst
Level 1
Level 1

First of all, I tried Jabber Video(Intranet) -> VCSC -> CUCM -> Jabber for windows, both audio and video are fine, by establishing SIP trunk between VCSC and CUCM, together with Zone and search rule settings in VCSC.

Second, Jabber Video(Internet) ->VCSE -> VCSC -> Jabber Video(Intranet), both audio and video are also fine, by estalishing TraversalZone between VCSE and VCSC, together with traversal zone search rule in both VCSE and VCSC.

Then there's an obvious idea comes...Jabber video(Internet)->VCSE->VCSC->CUCM->Jabber for windows.

I tried in two way:

Option A: I'm trying to go through Jabber video(Internet)->VCSE->TraversalZone->VCSC->SIP Trunk->CUCM->Jabber for windows, acutally, there isn't any configuration required in VCSE/VCSC/CUCM, because when you dialing 100X@abc.com, the VCSE will route the call to VCSC, and then it will fork the call to CUCM, but I couldn't get through on that, from the logging of VCSC, it always shown in the below message:

1. VCSC recieved SIP Invite from VCSE, calling 100X@abc.com

2. VCSC replied to VCSE SIP 407 Proxy authentication required.

3. VCSE replied to VCSC SIP ACK

I'm not sure what's wrong here, or any additional configuration required, but the call definately routed to VCSC already, but I don't know what's the 407 proxy authentication means here...if the Jabber Video(Internet)->VCSE->VCSC->Jabber Video(Intrante), there isn't such 407 proxy authentication in the logging.

Option B: I'm trying to go through Jabber video(Internet)->VCSE->SIP Trunk->CUCM->Jabber for windows, with necessary search rule, in this way, when Jabber Video(internet) dialing Jabber for windows, it rings, and when picked-up, only one way audio(from Jabber for windows to Jabber video) established, no video.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is normally an authentication issue. I believe you are running X7.x software on your VCSs? If so, try to enable "Treat as authenticated" on the traversal zone(s) " (both ways, if this is set to "Do not check credentials"), and see if you will get the P-Asserted-Identity header "authenticated" then, and make a call from internet, routed throug the VCS-c to your CUCM.

Are your search rules on the VCS-c set to " = Yes"?

Hope this helps,

Arne

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

startryst
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone who can advice on that?

rasimyigit
Level 1
Level 1

Do you check your interworking settings on both VCS e and c?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

What's mean by interworking settings? are you referring to the TraversalZone settings?

This is normally an authentication issue. I believe you are running X7.x software on your VCSs? If so, try to enable "Treat as authenticated" on the traversal zone(s) " (both ways, if this is set to "Do not check credentials"), and see if you will get the P-Asserted-Identity header "authenticated" then, and make a call from internet, routed throug the VCS-c to your CUCM.

Are your search rules on the VCS-c set to " = Yes"?

Hope this helps,

Arne

Hi, Arne

Thanks for the advice, and you're point the right, acutally i did it last night. But there are some still some questions for you:

1. both VCSc and VCSe are running X7.2

2. Authentication Policy on TraversalZone:

VCSe is set to "Do not check credentials"

VCSc is set to "Treat as authenticated" ( and I found last night, if I set to Do not check credentials, my Internet Movi couldn't login, btw, the movi authentication is go against AD)

3. All the "Authentication Required" of search rules in VCSc are "No"

Another thing, acutally when I finished above update, the Internet Movi can call Jabber for Windows in CUCM throught the path of Movi(Internet)>VCSE>VCSC>CUCM>Jabber for Windows, but acutally there's an CTMS under the CUCM which Jabber for Windows(Intranet), Movi under VCSc(Intranet) and Movi(internet) can call to an static meeting, I knew the Movi is not supported by CTMS, so I'm trying to dial from an EX60 which is already registered to the VCSE, and the EX60 can establish the connection with CTMS static meeting for a few second, but after that, the call disconnected, I checked the real logging on CUCM, the key message is an SIP BYE sent from CTMS to CUCM, the reason code for that is "Q.580, cause=34, No circuit/channel available"; but if I call to the CTMS from EX60 by audio only, it works, audio can be established without any problem. So my question is that is it possible to call CTMS from EX60 which interworked by VCSe and VCSc?

BTW, EX60 video calling from internet through VCSe-VCSc to Jabber for Windows is fine.

the version of EX60 is TC5.1.6, CTMS 1.9.3.

Hi,

With the information you provided, I would assume there are something fuzzy on the CTMS. Do you know if the CTMS has enough (video) ports/resources when testing? As both video and audio starts, and then the call drops, it could be a problem with the RTP. But without log-files, this would just be speculations.

I would like to take a deeper look into the CTMS logs here (rtp.log-file), so please open a service request with TAC, and I’ll take a look at it. Send me an PM when you have the SR number, and I’ll take a look.

You can also look in the CTMS logs yourself (you will normally see an indication of the cause in the rtp.log, confmgmt.log and ccs.log), and see if you see any RTP, conference or call control failures, if you are sure there should be enough video ports when testing.

Hope this helps,

Arne

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: