Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber video lossing connection with VCS

paulo.rio
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed a VCS Starter Pack Express with 3 SX20, 1 MCU and some Jabber Video (Movi) clients.

I have configured the system to use TCP/SIP 5060 for comunication.

I started using Jabber video version 4.4.3 and my problem is that the client is always losing connection.The client disconnects normally after 1 to 10 minutes. Even during a Video call, the client disconnects.

I already have installed Jabber Video in 7 diferent PC's (With XP and 7) and the behaviour is the same,

Inside the network, no firewall is in the way between Jabber and the VCS. I also have tested Jabber throug the Internet, in this case passing ASA firewall and the result is the same.

I have downgradded to 4.3.12 and the behaviour is the same. Only with version 4.2.0, the Jabber Video (Movi) stays connected normally. With this version stays connected more than 24H.

The VCS version was upgraded from 7.1 to 7.2 and same conclusion. Only with 4.2 version is working.

Best Regards

Paulo Rio

2 Replies 2

josepaulopetry
Level 1
Level 1

check this

CSCtz33499 : JV closes TCP connection with SIP server after receiving presence NOTIFY

Symptoms
Jabber Video for TelePresence 4.4 and 4.3 occasionally lose their registration to Cisco VCS
Conditions
Exact conditions are unknown. When this defect has occurred, the following configurations were present:
-Cisco VCS did not have TLS enabled
-Jabber Video was provisioned with "Encryption Policy" set to "Auto"
Workaround
Two workarounds are available:
-Enable TLS on the VCS, OR:
-Provision Jabber Video with Encryption Policy = ForceTcpNoSrtp instead of Auto

Hi,

I had to open a TAC case so this could be identified. After changing Encryption Policy = ForceTcpNoSrtp, the Jabber was working fine.

Thanks