Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber video randomly de-registers

I'm testing Jabber amongst a few users at the moment - I'm noticing that all users seem to randomly de-register, sometimes in the middle of a call.  It then says "waiting for next login attempt" and eventually re-registers.  These are all local registrations with uncontested 1Gbps connections back to VCS control, with no packet loss at all when in a call so I don't think it's a network issue.

Any idea where to start looking?                  

2 Replies 2

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nick

In theory this can be a network issue (routing issue) and it has been seen before. Jabber can log in fine but when the registration expires and the jabber client tries to re-register it does not receive a 200 OK from the VCS or any response at all due to whatever netowork issue at hand which forces the Jabber client to de-register since the registration has timed out.

So I think the first place to start looking is on the wire taking a packet capture and analyze the re-registration. It might be a good idea to get help from TAC as well on this.

The issue might be rooted elsewhere but this scenario I am mentioning has been seen before.

/Magnus

Thanks Magnus - I guess it's Wireshark time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: