cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Java disabled by Apple - prevents access to TMS CCC - here's how to fix

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Found Java disabled on all of the Macs at work which stopped a number of front-line techs from accessing CCC in TMS by specifying a future, yet to be released, version of Java as minimum requirements in xprotectudater.plist - to get Java working again, start a terminal session and run the following:

sudo mkdir /System/Library/Launchdaemons/Disabled

sudo mv /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.xprotectupdater.plist /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/Disabled/com.apple.xprotectupdater.plist

sudo /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Delete:JavaWebComponentVersionMinimum" /System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/XProtect.meta.plist

Worked fine for me on OSX 10.6.8 and I can now access CCC again.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.
2 Replies 2

daleritc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks Jens...but keep in mind that this file may get rebuilt after a system reboot or software update. And I've been watching the following Apple forum thread concerning this matter...which just came up in the past few days concerning OSX 10.6.8 and latest Java releases...but looks like Apple have released an update that now fixes it:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4761112?start=45&tstart=0

Thanks Dale, very much appreciated

Hopefully it's been fixed, guess I'll find out soon enough when back at work tomorrow - I've advised our support techs using Macs not to apply any software updates UFN - thought I'd use my own test-Mac as a guinea pig first to be on the safe side.

Created bit of an annoying issue for us this did.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: