cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Just ordered a pair of SX10 and both my TRC6 remotes are missing

iochem
Level 1
Level 1

the included documentation said that because i also ordered the Touch10 devices, my TRC6 remotes had been stripped from the SX10 boxes... and if i wanted the hardware that i paid for, i should email:

trc6-request@external.cisco.com

problem is that email bounced immediately.

Please help!  who should I contact to get my equipment? 

4 Replies 4

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your best option would be to contact whoever you purchased the endpoints from, and confirm that the part numbers that you actually purchased did come with the TRC6.

If you set your devices to be controlled by the Touch 10, then the remotes will no longer function, so there's not a lot of point in having them.  The user interface and capabilities of the Touch 10 are far superior to what can be done with the TRC6, and the newer model endpoints don't have support at all for remotes, so if you can move away from remotes, then that's the better choice.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In addition to Wayne's comment, recommend you also reach out to your Cisco Account Team and inform them, they might be able to provide information as to who you or your reseller should contact to request the TRC6 remote controls.  However, as Wayne points out, when you pair a Touch 10 to an endpoint that also has a TRC6 remote control, the remote control functions stop as the intended control method is the Touch 10 when paired.

Thanks for the info! 
I was really dissapointed to see that the Touch10 wasn't battery powered and wireless.  Seems like 8-yr old tech at this point.  I've got some android and apple tablets that I had planned on using now instead of the touch10 units... but im not even positive they'll do that.  (i mean really - who wants to run POE and have a tethered remote in the middle of their conference room?)

Super frustrated because there doesn't seem to be a singular source of information on how all this works together - everything I come across leaves a lot of questions and missing pieces.

Thanks for the info on the remote though. 

I'll take the wired device every time.  Last thing you want with a high profile device like the TelePresence units is to walk in to a room and find that the batteries are flat in the control device and you can't use it.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.