Views
Helpful
Replies

Layout control with DualDisplay & Touch UI

Michel Tosu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Since some software update it seems top me that users cannot control the layout on C-series endpoints with the touch panel anymore. At least when you have a dual display setup. Its very strange because this is a feature that i think you would like.

The problem is when customers want to have their selfview on the second screen when not having a presentation. Before they could choose the setting "equal participants" ant the far end were displayed on screen 1 and the selfview on screen 2. Is there anyone who knows who this option has been removed? I haven't found any way for the end user to set this themself.

2 Replies 2

Balazs Balogh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Michel,

Yes it's very strange (I don't know why not accessed the layout control from touch ) but there is a solution for this problem.

On C series web interface "Configuration\Advanced configuration\Video Layout\ local loyaoutfamily" set Equal.

(Default setting is AUTO).

If you set it then you are in call the second display show selfview ( if selfview is enable,show)

I hope Cisco will solve this "problem" next release or... :-)

Hope this helps,

Balazs

Yeah i know it's possible to set through the web interface.

However it's such a hassle to fix that for all customers. I would like a way for the to do it themselves again. Very annoying.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: