cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LIC-TMS-25???

ironman
Level 1
Level 1

We have a TMS and we just bought 25 additional licenses for codecs to access the TMS. The vendor is claiming that these are sold as 12 month and not life time such as one time purchase of codec device access licensing which is how I have always understood it to be).

Currently we have a TMS with 10 device access lics which is not under support and maintenance yet the codec can still access the TMS leading me to think the device access lics are life time. Your thoughts?

Also, is it possible to update a codex software without a TMS?

6 Replies 6

Robert Krenn
Level 1
Level 1

As far as I know, the license is life time.  However, when TANDBERG sold them, you also needed to buy service for the license, and the service whas limited to a specific time.

You do not need the TMS to upgrade endpoints.

//Robert

Thank you Robert,

Since these systems were purchased prior to the Cisco takeover does that mean we still need to purchase:

1) The 25 device access license

2) and the 25 support and service access license

Or

Has Cisco done away with this approach and now we only need the 25 device access licenses?

Thanks a million for your answers!

Bill Branch

North Country HealthCare

Director of Information Technology

O: 928.774.8254

C: 928.607.9746

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

I confirm what Robert is saying here. The license is lifetime.

/Magnus

Not to forget ,besides the LIC-TMS-25 which allows to add additional 25 systems (endpoints, vcss, mcus, ...) to TMS

he will still need a runing service agreement for the specific systems he wants to do a upgrade to

a different major release (like TC3.1.3 to TC4.2 or X5.2 to X6.2).

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thank you Martin, All devices will be on support but your point is well taken.

Thank you Magnus,

Do you know if we still need the "service and support" licenses for the 25 device access licenses?

Bill Branch

North Country HealthCare

Director of Information Technology

O: 928.774.8254

C: 928.607.9746