cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

licensing of Cisco Expressway

Mikhail Kalita
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, fellow engineers. I have a couple question about Telepresence design. If I need to add Jabber Guest. What kind of licence will be required apart from Cisco Expressway Rich Media Session? How about endpoints? For instance, what kind of licence do I need to purchase so that I make a call from remote office by EX 90? I mean I want to make a call the Headquarter from Teleworker.

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mikhail,

Jabber Guest license requirements are outlined in the following document

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Guest/10_0/icg/JABC_BK_J0FC634A_00_jabberc-installation-and-configuration-guide/JABC_BK_J0FC634A_00_jabberc-installation-and-configuration-guide_chapter_01.html#JABC_RF_R41213D8_00

HTH

Manish

How about an endpoint which is outside my network?

Hi Mikhail,

Deployment guide provides these details.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Guest/10_0/icg/JABC_BK_J0FC634A_00_jabberc-installation-and-configuration-guide/JABC_BK_J0FC634A_00_jabberc-installation-and-configuration-guide_chapter_010.html

Please note that in a production environment, Cisco Jabber Guest requires that your Cisco Unified Communications Manager be configured to work with Cisco Expressway.

Cisco Jabber Guest can be pointed directly to Cisco Unified Communications Manager for lab deployments only. You must configure a SIP trunk on Cisco Unified Communications Manager for this deployment. This option is best suited to a lab deployment in which the goal is to familiarize yourself with Cisco Jabber Guest without the additional overhead of configuring Expressway. However, without configuring Expressway, Cisco Jabber Guest is not supported in a production environment.

HTH

Manish

Do I need to implement Jabber Guest Server in my infrastructure? Or CUCM enough?

Hi Mikhail,

You don't need a Jabber Guest Server if you just allow the teleworkers with EX90 to use the Telepresence resources. You can add a Jabber Guest Server for user who does not have any video device but a H.264 based WebRTC.

HQ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: