Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Linux version on CMS !!

how could I know the Linux version of CMS, as the security team need to run a "vulnerability test on it"

thanks

1 Reply 1

tomas_vll
Level 1
Level 1

CMS dont permit console access to the Linux implementation ( There is a debug option that might have it, but its only for troubleshoting with Cisco. Its supplied as a applience. The security team sholud be able to do the security audit on it without console access ( The bad guys wont have console) - they will have to access it over the network ( I assume).

If I still had a CMS, and there was console access - I would not give it to the security team.  Say you need support and it turns out the security people has disabled some services they deem insecure or unncecery.

Make shure you are running the latest version of CMS. Check the CVE database for known weeknesses, run a tool like Nessus. Try bruteforceing the passwords with a tool like THC-hydra for instance. Knowing the version of Linux wont say the weeknesses a system has.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: