Views
Helpful
Replies

live desk button on IP phone

alex goshtaei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

we have decomissioned our CTS-manager and we don't want to live desk button dial to our help deks. but when end user press live desk button, it still makes a call to our helpdesk.

how can I remove live desk phone number without to have cts-man?

thanks for any suggestion

Alex

5 Replies 5

Gustavo Samarco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Alex,

I believe this information would be stored in the Codec rather than the IP Phone itself.

In order to addess that issue we would need to take a look at the file and edit it. Unfortunately this can only be done with root access. Please open a TAC case so an engineer can confirm the information in the logs and if necessary edit the file via root.

Thanks,

Gus

Hi Guys,

Any idea, whether we can configure Live desk on CTS end-points without having CTS manager now. I found this in CUCM admin guide :

Live Desk in Cisco Unified CM

You can add a Live Desk number in the Cisco Unified CM Administration interface for these endpoints: Cisco TelePresence TX9x00, Cisco TelePresence 3x00, Cisco TelePresence 13xx, Cisco TelePresence 1x00, and Cisco TelePresence 5xx.

To add a Live Desk number, perform these steps:

Step 1 Log in to the Cisco Unified CM Administration interface.

Step 2 Go to Device > Phone. Locate the endpoint that requires a Live Desk number.

Step 3 Go to the Product Specific Configuration Layout section.

Step 4 Enter a dial number in the Live Desk Number field.

Note The Live Desk Number field is supported in these Cisco Unified CM builds: 7.1.5.35099-1, 8.0.3.24049-1, 8.5.1.14070-1, and 8.6(2a)SU2.

My understanding says, with the above CUCM versions and CTS v 1.9 and above, we can configure Live desk in Product specific config layout option , without configuring anything in CTS Man , is that correct ???

If someone can confirm this for me, it would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi,

That's right. You don't need to have CTS Manager in order to have Live Desk button working for CTS 1.9 and latest, you just need to configure it in callmanager alone, just like the above procedure.

Live Desk button works just like a simple speed dial, it is just a number to be dialled, there is nothing in special.

I hope this help.

Paulo Souza

Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Thanks Paulo.

The reason i asked this question is 'cos release notes for CTS 1.9 says the above procedure but admin guide for CTS 1.9 still says about CTS manager so it was confusing. So, thanks for confirming on this.

Hi,

I understand your point. But the document "Cisco Unified Communications Manager Configuration Guide for the Cisco TelePresence System" also mention the live desk feature, and it also mentions the release notes of CTS 1.9.

Live Desk Number cts.png

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/cucm_cts/cucm_cts_admin_book/guide/cucm_cts_admin_config.html#wp1164597

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my answer helpfull? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: