Views
Helpful
Replies

LOCK DOWN TOUCH 10 AND DX80

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

Need some guidance please. 

I have VTC systems in stand alone mode not on call manager.  They are H.323 clients. 

I need to lock down the system locally so only authorized persons can make a call.

I have Touch 10 panels and on the SX20 the TRC handheld remote and also DX80's. 

Is there a way to lock them down like having a DX80 on the call manager which we can lock with a password. 

Hope didn't confuse anyone. 

Thanks

Chet Cronin
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not really - there isn't anything on the device that will stop it being used like that.

You could change the default call protocol to H.320 (assuming you haven't got that configured as well as H.323 or SIP) so that someone who doesn't know what they're doing can't make a call as easily (as the call will fail unless they manually specify the call protocol in the dial string).

Then the "authorised" people will need to be told to stick a h323: in front of whatever they want to dial.

Not a pretty workaround, but it may work in some situations (we have a number of devices where we have done that as they generally don't need to dial out, but do need to accept incoming calls).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not really - there isn't anything on the device that will stop it being used like that.

You could change the default call protocol to H.320 (assuming you haven't got that configured as well as H.323 or SIP) so that someone who doesn't know what they're doing can't make a call as easily (as the call will fail unless they manually specify the call protocol in the dial string).

Then the "authorised" people will need to be told to stick a h323: in front of whatever they want to dial.

Not a pretty workaround, but it may work in some situations (we have a number of devices where we have done that as they generally don't need to dial out, but do need to accept incoming calls).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.