Views
Helpful
Replies

Lock Telepresence conference

t.farkas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

we use TelePresence Server virtual edition (v4.4) with TP Conductor (XC4.3).

There is a request to lock the ongoing conference, even automatically after 5 minutes, or from an endpoint (eg. it was possible via DTMF code with legacy MCU)

The admin guide says: Conferences can be locked and unlocked via the TelePresence Conductor's API

(and of course from the web UI)

But I could find only TMSPE as API client (which is not used in our environment)

Does anyone know other solution for locking a conference?

Thanks,

Tibor

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The only methods to lock a conference are:

• TMS Conference Control Center (CCC).
  • TelePresence Server web interface.
  • Conductor conference template using Advanced Parameters (takes affect a conference creation)..

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The only methods to lock a conference are:

• TMS Conference Control Center (CCC).
  • TelePresence Server web interface.
  • Conductor conference template using Advanced Parameters (takes affect a conference creation)..

Hi Patrick,

thanks for the answer. So it is not possible to lock from endpoint...

About the conf. template: Could you please advice the syntax of adding it to Custom parameters.

By adding that would the conference start unlocked?

If the conference is scheduled by TMS (eg from Outlook), and connection method is Automatic, the originally added endpoints would connect, but no other participants can join?

Thx,

Tibor

Not from what I've seen, it's not possible to lock a conference from an endpoint, at least when Conductor is involved.  I can't speak regarding a non-Conductor controlled TelePresence Server though.

I couldn't test it until now, but if you use Conductor's advanced parameter to lock the conference, the conference will fail to start because it will be locked immediately up on creation and prevent calls from connecting.  However since you're using TMS, another option is to turn on "Limit Ports to Number of Scheduled Participants", the option is under the TelePresence Conductor Settings tab when you schedule a conference.

Limit ports to the number of scheduled audio and video participants. No additional participants will be able to join the conference.

Thanks, Patrick!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: