Views
Helpful
Replies

login doesn't work on TelePresence Content Server 5.3

george.boros
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have 3 problems (independent i think) TelePresence Content Server with version 5.3

i know this is a TAC issue by now, but as i wait for my procurement dept to buy the support i am looking for some answers.

1. If i try to access the webpage http://tcs_ip i do not get redirected anymore and get a friendly error page with

HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

2. If i try to access the webpage http://tcs_ip/tcs/ i see the home webpage and the videos corectly.

3. When i try to Log In via the web interface (with the link from point 2.), the webpage gets refreshed and i get back to the homepage.

i dont get the authentication window or anything. i just click on Log In button, and i get back to the homepage (not logged in)

i tried with several browsers and clearing the cache... still nothing

Thank you,

6 Replies 6

I have had similar issues with TCS, albeit an older software version.  Is the server part of a domain and if so, are there any GPOs applied to it?  In my case the domain policy changed the IIS authentication configuration and no one was allowed to login.  I remember getting some sort of HTTP error, not sure if it is exactly the same one as you. 

As to point 1, if you are not being redirected, you can take a look at the "default Website" configuration under IIS.  There is a setting for redirects and such. 

If worse comes to worse and you dont have any IIS or Domain experts at your disposal, backup your videos, unistall the TCS software and IIS, then reinstall.  That should reconfigure all of the correct IIS settings to default. 

yes, the server is a part of a domain but that windows 2008 server was installed a long time ago, just for this functionality (for the TCS to work with a storage). nobody uses that windows or AD so i dont belive anyone changed GPO or anything like that. the server has the same running config like 2 years ago when it was installed and takes care only of the TCS and the storage.

for point 1. i always looked and tried alot of things. including this one which seemed similar to my problem.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2215547

But, even if i do not fix it, i cannot login via the web interface. and that's the only place where i can start to Export Videos.

so my biggest issue right now is related to the fact that when i try to login, i just get redirected to one or two links, then back to the homepage.

Thank you,

Hello Boros

Have you tried rebooting the server. sometimes in cases like this , a reboot helps.

Regards

Sundar

Hey.

Yes, i have been restarting the server for about 10 times a day also the IIS every time i tried to make some modifications/tests

I would consider an advice, to reinstall it from scratch, it's just i dont have the instalation kit. and more than that, i have to get the web interface functional so i can start backing up all the videos (exporting them so they can be imported on a new server or  new instalation)

Hello Boros

I think you can copy the videos from E drive if your storage space is content server. There are certain challenges when you want to restore them to new server.however This can be a option for saving your videos. the issue here is the video file name is not the same as how you have on the recordings on the web interface. The date and time on the file will help you to identify. but the real challenge wil be how to restore it back which will be as same as a normal restore.

Regards

Sundar

No, unfortunatelly you can't do anything with them.

i had some problems with this server last year, my TCS got RMA'd, i had all the data (i dont use the E drive, cause i have a NAS attached) and i did almost nothing with them there is a not very nice way to get them back but it's very time and nerves consuming.

if you do not export the videos correctly from the web interface, the raw files are of no use.

TCS does not permit importing any videos, except the ones created on the server.

even if you save the rtpdumps (in .ogg format) you cannot do anything with them afterwards. even if you save the ogg's with all their coresponding outputs... they cannot be imported back.

anyway, it's very messed up the whole system. i'll await for the smartnet to be active to see if i have to RMA this one too.