cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lost connection to camera pop up

zdjdominy1
Level 1
Level 1

We have a C40 CODEC with the 7.1.4 software. The system has two cameras but one of the cameras is rarely used. This cam is connected on a remote wall plate.

The system has been poping up a message "lost connection to camera". I thought if we plugged in the second camera the pop up would go away but it just pops up more fequently with the scond camera on the system. I know the system "sees" the camera because we get the image on screen and can control the PTZ on the camera.

Anyone know what's going on? Is there anyway to turn off the polling of the second cam in the software?

2 Replies 2

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Let me move this post to TelePresence community as this Conferencing community is for Cisco WebEx Meetings Server and Cisco Unified MeetingPlace products.

I hope this will get you the answers you need faster.

Dejan

Amlesh Sengar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

How is the second camera connected to C40? Are you daisy chaining the second camera?

Try to isolate issue with one camera at a time. Connect only one camera and see if the message appears. If no, we know that one camera works fine. Then connect camera two.

When you connect the camera try to get camera status either from web interface or cli (xstatus //camera) and see if camera is detected properly.

Thanks,

Amlesh