cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lost meetings when system was deleted

sue.murley1
Level 1
Level 1

I refreshed a video endpoint this morning.  When the new codec was installed, I removed the C40 from TMS and added the new RK Pro.  When I removed, I chose 'delete' due to the number of meetings that were scheduled, and it seemed to have purged the codec instead.  All of the meetings are gone.  Any way to rediscover them?  Thanks.

3 Replies 3

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

If you have a backup of the SQL database from before this change, you can restore it and it should bring back the endpoint and your meetings. Short of that, I don't believe there is any other way to recover them. 

Thank you!! They showed up on the new endpoint about 6 hours after we refreshed the codec. All set and thank you!!

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For future reference, you should use the "Replace System" functionality as this will transfer all the meetings (and many other settings) from the old endpoint to the new one.

Replacing the System

Follow this procedure to replace a system:

1. Go to Systems > Navigator and click on the system you wish to replace.
  2. Click the Connection tab.
  3. Click Replace System.
  4. Search for the system in the folder tree or by typing part of the name in the search field and clicking Filter.
  5. Click Next.

A summary page is displayed.

6. Choose whether to keep the system name, call configuration, and all system logs.
  7. Click OK.
  8. The swap will now be completed and the old system purged from Cisco TMS.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.