Views
Helpful
Replies

Lync 2010 integration with VCS/MCU/E20

lucioftorres
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a integration with Lync and VCS using B2BUA. But I´m with the following problem :

I can call lync clients using the E20 phone, but I can´t do the inverse...

I can´t call E20 using Lync client.  When I call, the lync client shows "connecting call.... and the Starting video... " and not complete the connection. But in the E20 I can see the Lync webcam. The problem is that I can´t see the E20 video.

The VCS shows :

1 minute 3 seconds sip:user@vsesa.com.br   sip:video-sl-it@video.vse.corp  Non-traversal Multiple components This system

My current cnfigurations :

1 VCS x7.2.1

1 MCU 4501 - 4.4(3.42)

2 FE Lync 2010 servers with windows DNS load balance

10 E20 codecs TE4.1.1

For E20 environment I can do in the both way... multiway, ....

Thanks,

Lucio

4 Replies 4

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Please review the Deployment guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Microsoft_Lync_2010_Deployment_Guide_X7-2.pdf

If you could share some more info, do you use findme, do you have the enhanced collaboration key.

It seems a bit that you do not use findme, so its most likely a sip route. Where did you set this

to, 5061 or the port mentioned in the b2bua config (default: 65072)? It has to be the b2bua port.

Any firewalls in place blocking media or having inspection on?

Your DNS records are all ok?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

I´m follow this guide....

I have no findme and enhanced collaboration key.

There are no firewall in the internal network.... and what kind of DNS test should I do ? I think that DNS is ok... but.. I can test...

B2BUA is connected... I can see the status alive...

Could be something related to certificate ???

You did not answer the question regards the sip route from lync to the VCS.

You said yourself calls from the e20 -> vcs -> lync work and thats more or less the status of

the b2bua which you see.

In the other directon lync will have to send it via he static route and this has to be configured

to 65072.

Where is the lync client located? without the enhanced collaboration key ice is not supported and

without ice no ege connectivity support. So the lync client has to be on the inside registered to the frontend.

As you have communication on tls I would assume the certificate should be fine, but sure,

recheck that you followed the certificate guide if you have doubts.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Sorry Matin,

The Lync sip route was done for the port 65072 (see the picture lync-1.png).

Yes.. I can call from e20 -> vcs -> lync and works perfect....

The problem is when I call lync -> vcs -> E20. In the lync client shows "Starting video" and never complete... but in this time I can see the Lync webcam in the E20 display.

The link client is located in the same network to the FE and registered to it and also the same network to the VCS.

just to let you know, I can see the E20 presence status in the Lync client... and in the E20 I also can see the lync presence status.

I realy don't know what happens... when I was in the x.7.1 version both cenarios were working... There are some extra config to be done in the VCS 7.2.1 version ?