cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lync calls to codian fail

jarrod sousa
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all I have a customer who is deploying lync 2010 to replace ocs 2007. right now there is no direct trunk from vcs to lync, just to ocs. lync then has a trunk to ocs. video calls from lync to ocs works great. video calls from ocs to vcs works too. when I call a c60 from Lync or ocs client the call works. when I call the codian from ocs client it works. when I call the codian from Lync client it fails.

The vcs is running ocs relay b/c that is what was in place. I have recently upgraded to x7.2 so I have the ability to go to b2bua.

I now have 2 questions:

1) why would a call from ocs client work and Lync client fail when it is going over the sane sip trunk? call path for Lync is client>Lync server>ocs server>vcs>mcu sip trunk (built mcu sip only zone for multiway)>codian 4510. the vcs search history says media type unsupported. like I said calls from ocs clients work fine.

2) can I use b2bua to build trunks to both Lync and ocs environments separately so calls come/go direct between vcs and ocs & vcs and Lync by placing the front end servers for each environment in the trusted hosts config?

Thanks for the help

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

1 Reply 1

awinter2
Level 7
Level 7

Jarrod,

the Lync call towards the MCU could be failing because of media encryption incompability, for instance if your Lync environment is configured to required media encryption, which is the default, while the MCU is unable to do media encryption. Without seeing some logs from this call scenario however, it is hard to provide an accurate root cause.

To answer question 2, the B2BUA can only be configured with one signalling destination address, which can either be an OCS or Lync server address. You can however set up static SIP routes from both OCS and Lync pointing to the VCS B2BUA.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: