cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lync to VCS

tommyheadleycox
Level 1
Level 1

Question:  How to allow Microsoft Lync users to connect to a Tandberg-equipped video conference room.

My suggestion:  Use Cisco VCS

Problem with this:  I have to demonstrate that it will work first.  A proof of concept that Cisco is a viable solution.

The scenario: The campus president  is holding an important meeting in the Tandberg room.  Its seating capacity is not sufficient.  The president is requiring 20 deans and department heads to connect to the meeting from their desktops to watch and hear the meeting.  All of these people have Microsoft Lync and are comfortable using it.

I need to conduct a proof of concept demonstration.  Therefore I need Cisco to help me with a test VCS site, into which I can have several Lync users to connect.    I will capture the test session.  If it's successful, then I will proceed with next steps.

Cisco:  Will you help with this?

Thanks,

Tom Cox

Thomas H. Cox, M.Ed

Senior Learning Space Consultant

Lead Video Conference Consultant

ITS Teaching and Learning, Classroom Hotline, CB 3503

UNC Chapel Hill, NC, 27599

Tel. (919) 962-4997

------------------

PS:  This is my first ever post to this forum.  I'm acutely aware that it might not be the right place to post this.  If so, I apologize in advance.  I assure you, I'm not trying to waste anyone's time.  But we have a LOT of Cisco/Tandberg products on this fairly large campus, so it seems logical to start here.

1 Reply 1

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

VCS can enable Lync clients to talk to your Cisco/TANDBERG telepresence systems, and vice versa, how this is done, and indeed, if this can be done without involving a 3rd party solution, depends very much on what kind of Lync deployment you currently have.

You will, in the scenario outlined, also need a MCU to bring all of these users together.

Strongly suggest you raise this directly with your partner and/or Cisco rep as this can be a highly complex solution depending on your current deployment.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.