cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lync user property when deploying VCS with B2BUA

Hi,

I am deploying VCS, with a VCS lync gateway + B2BUA and a Lync

I have a question about users's configuration in Lync:

In the deployment guide, the screenshot shows telephony type for users set as "PC-To-PC Only".

Does it works with another telephony type (for example: Enterprise Voice) ?

Is it a prerequisite?

What is the impact of changing it?

Thanks you for your help

Best regards,

Julien

4 Replies 4

ahmashar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

so which VCS software version? what is enterprise voice? a SIP client, PBX, SIP server, etc? is it part of Lync platform?

what protocol does it do? is it voice only client or video client? more info required?

regards,Ahmad

Hi Ahmad,

VCS X7.2

They want to activate the telephony feature in Lync.They will use the Lync client connected to the Lync servers (MTLS, SIP, TLS).

To achieve this, they need to select the telephony type as "enterprise voice" instead of "PC-To-PC Only" as described in

Cisco_VCS_Microsoft_Lync_2010_Deployment_Guide_X7-2 (screenshot below)

What is the impact of changing it?

Thanks you for your help

Regards,

Julien

Hi Julien,

Enterprise voice feature would allow the user to route calls in addition of being able to send and receive audio and video calls.

I am not really sure why would you do that for Find Me accounts but perhaps I am missing something.

The deployment guide states “select telephony” it doesn’t quite dictates the use of PC-to-PC only so I imagine that audio and video call will be possible but redirection to PSTN or Exchange mailbox could fail.

For any other users (not Find Me accounts)  you could select Enterprise Voice and check if incoming calls from VCS would work fine, should it fail please share with us what happened.

Regards//Andrey

Hi Andrey,

Indeed, i don't need to do that for FindMe accounts. In a few months, the telephony feature will be activated on Lync and they have to select Enterprise Voice for Lync users (not findMe accounts).

Unfortunatly, i don't have a lab to test if it works with differents telephony type for Lync users.

Thanks you for your help

Regards,

Julien