Views
Helpful
Replies

make C20 to call outside by CUCM 8.6

mohammad saeed
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Experts,

I have in my project C20 telepresence and CUCM 8.6, I want to be able to make call remotely, and I want to know what I need to do in CUCM 8.6 and Voice Gateway if need. Some people told me I should make NAT, but I don't want to make NAT. I want to make it through CUCM 8.6. And what is the possibility to make call through URI in CUCM 8.6.

Thanks for all

Mohammad Saeed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

For voice calls, just register your C20 against CUCM and it'll work just like any standard Cisco VoIP phone. (And so use whatever gateways/SIP trunks you've got defined for external connectivity)

If you want to make video calls to outside of CUCM, then you may need to make some changes to CUCM. Basically, you'll want to be able to make/receive SIP (or maybe H.323) calls over the 'net. Exactly what changes will depend on what you want to do, but my money is on you needing to have VCS somewhere in the mix.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you register an endpoint to CUCM, it works as any other endpoint, it relies on your route patterns, etc. So, there's nothing else you need to configure.

If you want URI dialing you need at least CUCM 9, preferably 10 where URI capabilities are enhanced.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

For voice calls, just register your C20 against CUCM and it'll work just like any standard Cisco VoIP phone. (And so use whatever gateways/SIP trunks you've got defined for external connectivity)

If you want to make video calls to outside of CUCM, then you may need to make some changes to CUCM. Basically, you'll want to be able to make/receive SIP (or maybe H.323) calls over the 'net. Exactly what changes will depend on what you want to do, but my money is on you needing to have VCS somewhere in the mix.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

I suggest using VCS too. also there is nice option to get Expressway-C,E for free for existing UCM owners. but you need UCM 9.1(2) SU1 and later.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: