cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Max entries TMS phonebook source

Hes
Level 1
Level 1

Does anybody here know the maximum amount of entries a TMS phonebook source (filled using CSV file) can hold?
I read 500 and 1000 once (twice actually :-)), but cannot remember where I found this and if this is still accurate.

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did some quick searching, couldn't find any limitations on the number of entries.  We have phone books that have 1000+ entries and no issues.  The only thing I found was related to the depreciated TANDBERG Scheduler where the limit was 1000 entries, CSCty36852.

I just created a CSV file with 10,000 entries and this loads fine one a MX7000 and also in Movi (sorry, still using 'Jabber Video for Telepresence' :-)).

But I'm sure there must a some limit there!
Any Cisco staff here? :-D

I also noticed that special characters like Ø, é, ê, ë, ă are not shown correctly when using a CSV file as phone book source.
Perhaps there's something wrong with the file encoding?

Unless I'm doing something different than you, special characters appear fine for me.  I copied the characters you mention in your reply "Ø, é, ê, ë, ă" and uploaded them using a comma-separated .txt file and they appear just fine in TMS and on the endpoint.

I am testing a bit and see that my files are ANSI, I did a small test in UTF-8 and this indeed does work.
Need to test a bit more one this to find out the root cause...