cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCU 4205 Internal Gatekeeper not working

cjweisman
Level 1
Level 1

I have an MCU 4205. I have enabed the internal Gatekeeper, I have opened the Gatekeepr port, but it does not seem to be working. In the Gatekeeper status, it says Registrations: 0/0 (see image below). The 0 in the demoninator indicates that the Gatekeeper is not working, so it cannot register anything. What can cause this?

MCU2.JPG                  

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Could it be that the MCU isn't activated as mentioned in the header of the page?

View solution in original post

Check "Do not show this page next time", and click the link above it "Continue to Product Licsnse Registration".

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

ahmashar
Level 4
Level 4

what software vesion are you using?

what does the log say?

what type of endpoint are you trying to register to it?

have you configured NTP server on it?

Software:

Have version 4.3, but have also upgraded on a different box to 4.4. No change.

Log:

Gatekeeper: Enabling Built-in Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper: Setting Changed--Registering All

Endpoints:

The only thing I am trying to register to it right now is the MCU itself. I expect to see 1/25 for Registration Status, which I do see on another unit (see image below).

NTP:

NTP not enabled

I would recommend to configure a NTP server as H323 is very sensitive to time.

I don't think that's it. I have a good, working 4205 and the NTP is not set on that one either. I have tried to find the difference in configuration between the two but have not be able to identify it yet.

ahmashar
Level 4
Level 4

I assumed in my previous post that you have done this already:

To start the gatekeeper:

1. Go to Network > Services and select  H.323 gatekeeper to open a port for the gatekeeper. (On the  MCU, ports are not open by default for security reasons.)
  2. Go to Gatekeeper, select Enabled in the Status field and click Apply changes. If you attempt to enable the built-in gatekeeper without opening the port, an error message is displayed.

if you haven't done, please this first.

//Ahmad

To start the gatekeeper:

1. Go to Network > Services and select  H.323 gatekeeper to open a port for the gatekeeper. (On the  MCU, ports are not open by default for security reasons.)
  2. Go to Gatekeeper, select Enabled in the Status field and click Apply changes. If you attempt to enable the built-in gatekeeper without opening the port, an error message is displayed.

Yes. All those steps were done.

Could it be that the MCU isn't activated as mentioned in the header of the page?

That is a darn good question. Now that you mention it, the working unit does not say that.  Will look into it. Thanks.

Product activation maybe the problem.  But I don't see anywhere on the web GUI that allows you to activte it with a key. Does anyone know how to activate the 4205?

You have an old configuration file saved somewhere?  If you have a backup, the key is stored there, so you may be able to copy that and paste to the MCU. 

VR

Patrick

Yes.  This is correct. The internal Gatekeeper will not work unitl you enter the product activation key. This solved the problem.

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm unable to provide a screenshot, but it's on the settings > upgrade page, it's an activation option key.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thank you, that will do it. So, does that mean the built-in Gatekeeper is upgrade option?

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Gatekeeper is a built in feature, doesn't require an option key.

Go here, http://www.cisco.com/go/license, and choose the option of: Get existing > Tandberg license.

Enter your MCU serial number and it will return to you all the options keys that have been allocated to that serial/device according to Cisco's database including the activation key.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: