cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCU 4505 software upgrade

Brandon Pierce
Level 4
Level 4

Getting back into the mix of things with our telepresence equipment and we have an MCU that is on an older software version.  After downloading the new MCU 4.5 software, I am just making sure if I upgrade I won't lose any of my activated features.  Our current version is Software version 4.2(1.46).  We got the following features activated:

1. Encryption
  2. Web conferencing
  3. MCU 4505 activation
  4. 1080p capacity upgrade feature key

Looking at the online docs, doesn't look like I need to step upgrade anything.  Already pushed upgrades to my C40s since those option keys don't go away when upgrading to a newer version but wasn't sure about the MCU.  Any insight would be great.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Brandon

The options keys dont go away.

Your current options keys remain valid with the new MCU software.

br Oleksandr

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi Brandon

The options keys dont go away.

Your current options keys remain valid with the new MCU software.

br Oleksandr

I figured as much, the documentation doesn't say they don't.  I just didn't want to have to go back and get the MCU rehosted.  Thanks for the answer.

If for some reason the option keys do disappear, you can go to the Cisco License Portal > Get Other Licenses > TelePresence License to Resend, and look up the MCU serial number and retrieve the option keys.

Yeah pushed the upgrade and all is good to go.  Didn't need to do anything additional which is good to know.