cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCU 5320 Port usage report

Peter Anders
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a report that I can run to look at the Historical usage of the MCU 5320 ports including the overall utilisation?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you're running one of the newest vesions of TMS, then Yes, you can - See Reporting > Bridge Utilisation.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you're running one of the newest vesions of TMS, then Yes, you can - See Reporting > Bridge Utilisation.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I am running v14.3.1

That's too old then for the Bridge Utilisation report.  I just re-checked the release notes and it was introduced in TMS 14.5.

Wayne
--

Wayne
--

Do you have a screen shot you can share of the bridge utilization report?  I too am interested in monitoring port useage of our MCUs.  Thanks.

Hello Frank -

I don't have a screenshot, but you can read about the new report in the TMS 14.5 release notes, on pg 5, see "New Bridge Utilization Report". 

Here's a screenshot of my Bridge Utilization report... we've got lots of ports (and bridges) that don't get a lot of use at the moment.

Wayne
--

Wayne
--

Thanks! Very helpful.  I think this will help us.  Have you had any issues with regards to version 14.5?  Our consultants suggested we upgrade from 14.3.2 to 14.4.2 instead of 14.5. 

I'd expect that your consultants recommended 14.4.2 as it's the "N-1" version rather than the latest, so could be considered a more stable version by some.

We've been running TMS 14.5 for two weeks now, and we haven't come across any major problems yet.  The only problems we have had recently have been Java related with the new Java 8 release - see tms-and-java-problem.

Wayne
--

Wayne
--

Wayne, 

Excellent stuff! Thanks! 

-Frank

Frank,

Here are a couple screenshots of what MCU capacity analysis looks like in vAnalytics from Vyopta (we are a Cisco Preferred Technology Partner). We have both a historical view and a Real Time Monitor as well. 

More info at www.vyopta.com/vanalytics

Cheers.

Thanks. We recently upgraded to TMS 14.5 PE 1.3 and found the bridge utilization report helpful. Although the report refers to the ports as "calls" which can be misleading.

I like your report but might be a little more than we require now from TMS. 

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: