Views
Helpful
Replies

MCU DUAL PORT CALLING ISSUE

nikhil.kmr
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

We have activated two ports A&B in the MCU and  have also checked the calls through  two different networks on both thr ports, and the call is getting connected.

But now the requirement is that we want the participants to be connected call through Port –A and Port –B  in the single conference, both port a & b have intranet(internal) networks, but the participants are not able to connect from different networks on a common conference.

Is this requirement is possible. If possible what are the settings needs to done in MCU.

kindly share your feedback.

Regards

Nikhil

4 Replies 4

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi!

I have never tried it (I would recomend using a VCS to handle multiple networks). But I would expect that it should work.

Could you tell us a bit more about your exact mcu setup. what the users dial, what exactly happens,

incl. what the log shows or what you see in the active conferences overview.

As you write "they can not connect from different networks on a common conference" can users both ports properly connect at all?

You might need to add additional routes for your network on port b. You can only have one default route.

look at: "Home > Network > Routes"

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin,

Lemme Explain you the scenario once, we have enabled both ports on MCU, on Port A we have 10.x.x.x series IP and on PORT B we have 172.x.x.x series IP, and both are are private IP series, for 2 different locations networks.

We are able to connect the call properly through port A, but the port no call is connecting through port B network.

Can you tell me what are the routes(with commands) which we need to add here in order to get the call going from port B.

Thankyou

Nikhil

Btw, which MCU and which software version do you run?

As you said you activated the port B assume you have either a MSE8000 blade or the proper license.

Check if you have some networking guys who can help you checking how the proper setup

for your network would be.

In short, if you have a network setup with a default route on port A

then if your ip on B is 172.16.1.2/24 and the router in the B network is 172.16.2.1

you would need to add a route for 172.16.0.0/12 pointing to 172.16.2.1

The routes are added via the webinterface, you find it under

"Home > Network > Routes"

or replace with your ip:

http:///settings_routes.html

manual how to add a route:

https:///help_network_routes.html#AddRoute

Your network guys should understand what to do. Also check that possible firewalls are properly configured.

A good start is also if you can ping port b from the video conferencing system.

But even if its pingable, veryfy the firewall is ok and that the ip-packets travel the right path

You should also look into getting a call control like the VCS or CUCM :-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Saurabh Gupta
Level 3
Level 3

Martin is correct. You can get it working using routes.

I have tested this before in my lab.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: