Views
Helpful
Replies

MCU for CUCM 10

bobbyc861
Level 1
Level 1

hi there! 

We are using a Cisco CUCM system across HK & Guangzhou & Dongguan office over MPLS for voice only.  Lately, we are looking for internal Video Conference solution across these three locations.  I check website and said, there is something called Jabber and Telepresence MCU.  I am not sure if I need them.  What extra items do I need to run multiparty VC?  Today, we are purely on voice. 

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For the most basic scenario, you need to add an MCU or a TP Server as the Video CFB, you can add TP Conductor for enhanced functionality.

I would suggest you approach a Cisco Partner so they can have a chat with you, and determine what's the best option for your deployment.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

To build on Jamie's point, it is best to understand the requirements that exist with your business. Basically what are your needs when it comes to video..? Do you need bridging ability? Is point-to-point video all you need?  Do you need the ability to connect into Webex via a room and share content?  Does every user need the ability to do Multi-party type conferencing etc?  A lot of options for you to choose from.  I'm going to provide you with a link that you should read.. It will give you an idea of the products. From there, as Jamie said it will be best to get a partner involved to assist in the design.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/enterprise/design-zone-collaboration/index.html

Thanks

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

what are you after?  If you are looking for multiple parties joining a video conference, then you need a Telepresence MCU and a Conductor, most likely tied with CUCM

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.