cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCU Integration with CUCM and VCS Simultaneously

asafayan
Level 4
Level 4

Currently have an MCU integrated into my VCS evironment.  Has anyone ever integrated an MCU via SIP to CUCM and simultaneously integrated the same MCU via H323 to VCS?

TIA,

Amir         

3 Replies 3

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Why do you wonder about it, which parts do you lack on h323 or sip on the vcs vs. cucm?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks for the followup Martin. 

In the current client configuration, they have an MCU integrated into the VCS topology to support multi-point Jabber/Movi Video calls.  Their new requirement is to enabled multi-point calls for Jabber (Windows) clients registered to their CUCM. 

I was hoping to avoid the requirement for two MCUs.  Make sense? 

Regards,

Amir

Hi Amir,

I had similar question about this previously and I don't believe it can be done because you can't really partition the MCU resources and CUCM don't have any settings to limit how much MCU resources that it can use.

So if you register an MCU to both VCS and CUCM, they will both compete for resources and for the reasons I stated above, either the VCS or CUCM will soon be out of resources.

If you want to allow adhoc multi-point Jabber calls, I suggest you use Cisco 2900 routers with PVDM3 and register them as a video resource under CUCM instead.

Kind regards

Daniel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: