cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCU migrate to TP Server

rfrome
Level 1
Level 1

Just curious approximately how long it takes to Migrate from a 8510 to an 8710 or MCU 5320 to a Mulit-party media 320?

I'm referring to this process.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/ts/install_guide/Running_TS_Software_on_MCU_MSE8510.pdf

I don't have an MCU handy I can convert, and I am trying to scope out a level of effort. If you've done this before, can you give me an idea of how long it took?

thx,

rob

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's just like doing any other MCU upgrade, the only difference is factoring in some extra time to basically go through a new install for the first time.  This is because after you install the software, the MCU will restart and come up as a brand new TelePresence Server with no activation/option keys and a blank configuration.  It really depends on how quickly you can get through adding in the license keys and how thorough you want to be in configuring the server's settings.  I don't recall specifically how long it took when I tested with my MCUs, but maybe 30 minutes to an hour off the top of my head.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's just like doing any other MCU upgrade, the only difference is factoring in some extra time to basically go through a new install for the first time.  This is because after you install the software, the MCU will restart and come up as a brand new TelePresence Server with no activation/option keys and a blank configuration.  It really depends on how quickly you can get through adding in the license keys and how thorough you want to be in configuring the server's settings.  I don't recall specifically how long it took when I tested with my MCUs, but maybe 30 minutes to an hour off the top of my head.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: